Summary

'All the world's a stage'- and all of my shows are comedies. Welcome to my Wacky World, which is a collection of the mad, funny and sometimes slightly unbelievable things that happen to me.

Saturday 19 January 2013

Karma for the Adulterous

Today, I cheated on one of my favourite stores.

I'll give you a brief bit of background: it's no secret that I'm a Lush enthusiast, and I've even worked for them before. They have amazing-smelling stuff that works and great environmental ethics. The Body Shop used to be my go-to place for things like that, but I went off them ages ago when they stopped being colourful and funky and when they were bought by the more soulless L'Oreal. Yesterday I ran out of Lush's Dream Cream, which I've been using for years to keep my idiotically sensitive skin happy.

Yesterday also saw the country get a whole load of snow, making it a good idea to not drive out further than you have to: so no driving to Lush for me. 'No big deal', I hear you say, 'just wait until next week.' Well, I would- but when I say my skin is idiotically sensitive, I mean that if I don't take care of it, it turns my life into a living hell. So today I ventured into a nearby TBS, feeling weirdly like I was being unfaithful.

I've decided that what happened next was either pure karma for straying, or that I've actually been subconsciously programmed by Lush to sabotage any TBS store that I enter (sort of like how River from Firefly is programmed to go berserk when she hears a certain song).

The very first bottle I picked up, something like this happened:


Only instead of it being neat, it was noisy and chaotic and ended with me looking very sheepish, surrounded by a rainbow of bottles rolling around my feet. To add insult to injury, a sale placard landed squarely on my head as the two sales assistants doubled up with laughter.

I'm sorry Lush, I'll never stray again.

~Fin~

No comments:

Post a Comment